Friday, October 17, 2008

Turkey Meatballs

Dang, I can't actually find the Cooking Light that I got this from, but I will guesstimate, because it is pretty easy. Meatballs are kid friendly foods... so why not make them a little less fatty with turkey?
Ingredients:
1 lb package of ground turkey. (There are even some that have Italian spices).
1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
2 tablespoon chopped basil... or I just mix in some pesto if I don't have Basil.
A pinch of salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients together with your hands. Form into little meatballs. Lightly brown the meatballs in a lightly oiled pan until the outside is browned a little. Transfer meatballs onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 12-15 ish minutes. (You want to make sure they are cooked all of the way through, but you don't want them to be dry). Add to your favorite Spaghetti and hear your husband rave about what a rockstar wife you are for making homemade meatballs.

No comments: