Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Zucchini Bread

I am experimenting with the original recipe to make it healthier, and this is what I have come up with so far. I made it yesterday, and it was yummy.
INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

* 3 eggs
* 2/3 Cup Oil
* 1 Cup Sugar
* 1 1/2 Cups no sugar applesauce (I made it homemade really fast)
* 2 cups grated zucchini
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 3 cups all-purpose flour-half white flour/half whole wheat flour
* 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
I don't use nuts, because I am already nutty enough. I did sprinkle in a few leftover chocolate chips, and even a few made it yummy!

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F ( 165 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Mix in oil,applesauce and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts; stir into the egg mixture. Divide batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until done.

No comments: