Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lemon Sugar Christmas Cookies

I love these cookies so much more than your average sugar cookie. Here is the basic recipe. (Note: I thought there was a mistake when I didn't see eggs or baking soda... but they don't have either.. I guess you can't go wrong with 2 1/2 sticks of butter :).
-4 1/2 cups flour
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp allspice
-1/4 tsp ginger

- 2 1/2 sticks butter softened
-6 oz cream cheese softened
-1 cup sugar
-1 tbsp lemon peel zest
-4 tbsp juice of lemon.

Mix dry ingredients and butter mixture separately. Slowly add dry to butter mixture. Chill dough for 2 hours before rolling. Cook for 8-10 minutes on 350. They taste better when they are soft.. so I lean towards the 8 minutes as long as the bottoms are a little brown. These are awesome with cream cheese frosting. I just googled cream cheese frosting and used the first recipe from allrecipes (I halved the recipe and had plenty). The only thing that I altered from the cream cheese frosting recipe, is that I added a little bit of fresh lemon juice.

2 comments:

C & C said...

Just came to this blog trying to get to your family one. Anyway, this stuff looks great!!! Yum. Can't wait to try some of these recipes. I am up for a 9 mile run anytime. The next couple of weeks are a little busy, but I'll give you a call! A

Shauna said...

YUMMY! I l♥ve lemon! I will have to try these! Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope you come back often!